Monday, October 21, 2013

Sweeping Up in Seoul!

I haven't posted on this blog since October 16, 2011. That's about two years and almost a week from today.

Hot damn!

I created my blog about "Seoul" shortly after my arrival to Korea and that was a complete bust up. I was like, "Blog, who?" Third week in, I was so caught up with life here.

I was probably feeling like, "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

But you know what?

I DO!!!!

I really do now.

I only work four days a week at a college for two hours a day teaching Korean students courses in Conversational English and Graphic Design. I have a personal relationship with Shaun T's Insanity workouts for one hour Sunday through Friday. *He screams at a girl named Tanya in his workout videos....it feels like he's screaming at me. This scares me....so I dig deeper!!!! I hang out with friends on the weekend, but right now....on a Monday evening, I'm bored. And there's nothing to watch on TV until Tuesday afternoon....when all of the Monday evening shows air. So, I decided to get on here and start writing again.

I need to expand my English vocabulary!

I'm losing my words.

I speak in broken English and Korean 60% of the time. The other 40% of the time. I'm correcting my students English. Speaking in very short sentences. Mainly for the sake of avoiding too many long-winded sentences.....and their eyes glazing over.

I be like.....to my students, "Chaek une odie?! Chaek ani? Chaek ani?" This means, "Where's your book? No, book? No, book?" My voice escalates as I say this repeatedly....and they get scared, as they should. Then I bust out in a loud cry, and say "No, 'A' for you. Bring your book to class."

My words are real basic.

And, real short these days.

So, I'm going back to the basics of writing in this blog.

But first,  I might have to clean up this blog a bit.

And by clean, I mean.

Sweep!

Erase.

Delete.

Eradicate.

Posts that are too edgy to be shared with the "church folk," my mother, and anyone else whose mouth might drop open.

I've turned over a new leaf!

And by this, I mean. I'm exactly the same! Only I want to be more careful about what I post. Talk about the same stuff -- on the down-low.

So.

Time to get this party started!!!!!!!

Mama's got a lot to say.

*Does the wooble!

Oh, I'll add pictures of Korea too.

Starting with this one.......


Haha!

Nothing funnier than seeing a child in Korea wear something so true about the people in your own country.

*A picture taken by another Expat English Teacher in her elementary school classroom







No comments:

Post a Comment