Monday, September 12, 2011

The Watercolor Paintings of Marion Bolognes


I have been in a terrible mood ever since I left my hometown of Connecticut to say goodbye to my family.

Mostly sad over someone. But I don't want to talk about it!

Which is pretty ridiculous. Since I write about every other damn thing in this blog.

But whatever.

For the time being I'll post up art from new artists I keep discovering.

Marion Bolognes' watercolors are just lovely! So lovely. That her watercolors have been used for advertisements, like the movie poster For Colored Girls.

Here is some of her work:



I am huge fan of the vibrant colors she uses in these watercolors. They all kind of have this whimsical feel to them. Mixed with a little bit of edge. Sadness too. I think they're so beautiful!

Her artwork makes me want to get back into painting again because my favorite mediums to paint with were always watercolors and oil paint.

Someone suggested that I do it and sell my work in galleries in Seoul. This may not be such a bad idea.

The city will be an inspiring place for me to start up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment