Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Kid, You're Too Old for This!

There are many things that leave me amazed in life. But this? Leaves me speechless. Just speechless!

If a child's legs are pouring out of the stroller....that means the child is too big to be sitting in a stroller. Strollers were made for babies and small toddlers who are learning to walk. I wonder if allowing a child to sit in a stroller at this age is a contributing factor to child obesity? Or lack of athleticism? I would not be surprised if the answer was yes to both.



The second craziest thing....it is not okay for a child to walk the streets with a pacifier in their mouth. 

Not at this age, not ever.  Not anywhere. No way. No how!

So, why do parents allow this? What kind of parenting does this foster for the future? If this girl can walk and talk on her own without crying....the pacifier needs to come out of her mouth. Period, yup. She doesn't need to be sucking on any thumbs either.

What irks me the most about the child below sucking on a  pacifier? It appears to be completely normal and natural to her. Like she was born to suck on that thing until she graduates to other objects....I won't go there.

Seriously.



On to something kooky and weird......breastfeeding grown children who are walking and talking with teeth.

I repeat, teeth!

You know, those hard white things in our mouths used to chew food? Yup, those things. They were not made for nibbling on nipples during breastfeeding either.



It makes me wonder too.....how can any normal woman allow their child to breastfeed at such an age? What is really wrong with them? Do they not know how to let their children grow up? Are they holding on to a stage of their child's life for their own comfort? I don't buy the whole, 'oh, my breast milk is better than formula,' bullshit either. Breastfeeding at this age is a prime example of coddling. Not only should this child be sipping from a sippy cup instead of a nipple...but breast milk and formula should not be a part of their diet at this point.

Time to let go!

Now? I will shut up and mind my own business. These aren't my kids....but you best believe, if I see this on the streets. Somebody will be catching the side eye.

Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment