Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Breast Milk Baby Doll








Holy molar, Batman!!!

Just when I thought the craziest doll known to man was Liv Dolls. Out comes The Breast Milk Baby Doll!

Making it the next best thing on the crazy list of what-the-fuck items to buy at the store.

This milk sucking doll was created by, Berjuan Toys, a popular toy company known for making educational toys.

Apparently, The United States Health Resources and Services Administration backed Berjuan Toys production of this doll. They also made it a national goal for at least 75% of all mothers to breast feed for at least six months by 2011. Their theory is that The Breast Milk Baby Doll will promote a positive image and idea about women breast feeding their babies.

So.

In order to change the negative feelings people have about breast feeding, they figured it best to start with introducing the naturalness and nurture of the bond between a mother and baby to children through this doll.

Um, okay!

How is this suppose to make adults feel more comfortable about breast feeding though? And wouldn't an adult seeing a young girl pretending to breast feed a plastic doll freak them out even more?

If I saw a woman breast feeding her baby in public, it wouldn't bother me at all. But if I saw a young girl pretending to breast feed a doll, I would be shocked as hell and very concerned. I would probably flash the parent a 'what the hell is going on here' look too.

I don't understand why The United States Health Resources and Services Administration wouldn't just educate adults through a couple of commercials, magazine ads or pamphlets on the norms of breast feeding, and call it a day!

Forcing a breast feeding doll upon young girls and boys might backfire in the worst way. I'm talking -- little girls between the ages of 5- 9 who have been breast feeding these dolls! What in the world are they going to be like as adults? Will they forever be searching for a deep bond with complete strangers? Are they going to try to breast feed boys when they hit puberty? Will the teen pregnancy rate skyrocket? Or will they develop the mentality that they must have a baby as an adult, because nursing a baby is an important milestone in their life?

I just don't know about this doll. Hmm! I don't see how it's healthy for a child to emulate such an intimate act between a mother and baby. How can this be normal?

Did I mention that it's $89 too? That's a lot of money to shell out for a controversial doll! And, it doesn't have the qualities of the pricey American Doll Collection either.

I mean, what next? A pregnancy doll that pushes a baby out of her vajayjay?
Just when I thought that I heard and seen it all...

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment