Friday, July 29, 2011

Googling Seoul!


So.

 If you cannot already tell...I am the queen of google fucking and googling the fuck out of life!

Oh, yes!

Google isn't just a verb now, it's an adverb too.

I google everythang!

The reason for the twitch in my eye. The dinner menu before I arrive at a restaurant. Images of what a butt implant looks like. The price of a CHI flat iron. Will I die because my heart skips a beat every now and then? The best recipe for buttercream frosting. Why the hell are so many losers planking and owling? Asbestos exposure. Who invented those dreadful pajama jeans? The number of women that Lil' Wayne impregnated in the past three years. Where I can buy designer handbags that fell off the truck? Why all of a sudden am I lactose intolerant? The address to a website because I'm too lazy to play guessing games in the address bar...and facts about Seoul!

One worry of mine was getting lost there without directions in English. I smile now, because there are signs in English at subway and bus stops... and plenty of maps in English.

Sigh!

The funniest thing I learned today? There is a Tony Romas, TGI Fridays, Bennigans, McDonald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Little Caesar's in Seoul.

Ha!

I just love me some potstickers from Fridays....wow, yum yum!

As far as handling my money is concerned. I can legally send 2/3 of my monthly check home. I can make out a certified check to myself and send it express mail to my bank for deposit, or wire money to a family member and have them make the deposit for me.

Now the housing price in Seoul is outrageous. The average cost to rent an apartment is $700 a month and to rent a house is $9,000 a month. But the prices I saw for apartments were between $1500 and $16,000 a month so I want to know where the cheap places are at! Because I cannot...I just might look for a studio apartment in a suburb outside of Seoul. My ass can walk and take the subway just fine...I am no stranger to commuting far. A monthly subway pass is $20, thank you very much!

One plus of living in Seoul are the military bases to help me feel at home with other Americans. The military base created it's own radio and tv stations for cable television. The radio sounds good to me. But if there's only one or two English channels? I am not buying cable. I'll probably just buy a shit load of DVDs. I have a lot of catching up to do on True Blood and Dexter anyway!

Something odd? I should bring my own sheets and towels because Koreans don't use them. So, they are expensive to buy there. I mean, huh? How the hell do they get dry then? Wiggle and shake? I'm not an animal! And sleeping without sheets is like sleeping without underwear to me. I need them! To feel protected from germs and too much close contact to things, just like my vajayjay. Hmm!

The good news: their sushi is thebomb.com and that makes me happy.net! That's right.



Okay, this is all I could find today. My bed is calling me now.

Sweet Dreams My Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment