Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Need Direction? Create a Map!


I found this map a woman created of her and her fiance.

I thought that it was cute and pretty neat way to show where you use to be...could be...and where you are now with your significant other.

Why is that we create so many To Do lists for the day? Or list of goals for the year? But never a map of our current standing in this world?

One that could be the perfect visual to help us figure out where we want to be. What our next move is. And how far we have to travel to get there.

I am a visual learner. So creating a map makes complete sense to me!

I'm creating one too!

Only mine will be a solo map that begins with my journey to Seoul....includes the direction of each goal there....and ends back here in the States. It will essentially map out my three year plan. One that I have been thinking about since June. It's pretty solid and Seoul will help me achieve it too.

After I purchase my MacbookPro on Friday, I will create one...and post it up on this bad boy!

I encourage everyone to think about making one and sharing too. I feel like that's the type of thing that inspires each of us to be great in a unique way.

Kind of how the map above has inspired me to create my very own.

I leave you all with a poem about direction. Sleep tight!

No Direction

This long road ahead of me,
I am young and still to learn and this road is long and arduous,
I am innocent of this world, and its demons contained.

There's so many paths to choose from,
Each path has its own unique quirk,
Some are well lit, the road is foggy, some lead to incredible highs,
some lead to unbelievable lows, others trodden blindly.
And I have chosen my own paths, paths that have led me here.
But, this world is lame and twisted,
and i have been forced to cast away its expectations of me.

I intend to forge my own way, my own path,
through fields, forest, and snow,
through desert, mountain side and its dirt
untrodden and unknown direction.
I aim to leave a beacon at the end of it,
for the weary and lost.

I want to,
Give direction, to those who have become blind.

By, Sam Seymour

No comments:

Post a Comment