Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Am a Lovebug Now!



Why? I received my second package this week! This time from one of my oldest childhood friends, C. Ah, why is everyone being so nice to me? I can't take it!  It was the sweetest care package too. Filled with a framed photo of me and C from Martha's Vineyard in the summer of 2009, a cool new Essie nail color called chinchilly, and a music cd filled with new tunes...and with one specific tune by Miike Snow called Slyvia that we coined our song because we played that bad boy out!

So.

It is official.

My gift set from G made me feel all warm and gushy inside...and now, C has turned me completely into a lovebug now with hers!

The transformation is complete.

You come near me and it is over!

My heart is filled with so much love right now. Seriously. I could skip around all day giving bear hugs and blowing kisses at everybody! Just because I want everyone to feel the way, I feel.

Which is love!

L-O-V-E

I have to talk about C for a moment. I have never met anyone like this lady before in my life. I have known her since Kindergarten...making her one of my oldest and closest childhood friends. She literally lights up the room when she smiles. She is one of those folks that everybody just likes to be around. She is the ultimate lovebug. She is so funny. She provides great conversation. She is a real New Yorker. Smart. Beautiful. Classy. A serious fashionista who claims she never has anything to wear....but I realize now this translates into 'I need something edgier and hotter than my last outfit.'

When we were children, she was my only friend who showed up to my birthday parties dressed in the prettiest fabric headbands, blazers, and skirts. Me and the rest of the kids at my parties?  Um, we had on shorts and tops that were covered in dirt, grass and food stains. Serious. And when we were running around my yard with water guns, my mother was afraid to let C play with me and the other heathens! She didn't want her to get dirty or her mother to get upset...which was reasonable. But to this day, hearing my mother tell that story cracks me up!

I love you, C! Thank you for sending me these items. You are so thoughtful and kind. I can't wait to paint my nails and toes with this new color!

ps - I love gray!

No comments:

Post a Comment