Monday, February 14, 2011

TAKERS


Let me tell you something! Before you take a deep breath and tell me that I lost it...Takers was a good movie!

Trust me.

But you want to know something funny? I just knew it was going to be a low budget film. I would get a couple of good laughs out of it. Then it would end up playing on BET at midnight...and it would slip away into non-existence.

Negative!

For one. There was too much beauty in this film to call it a bad movie. The tall and handsome Idris Elba was in it...hello! And then cutie pies, Michael Ealy and Chris Brown who played the most loving and loyal brothers ever. Followed by one of the finest looking white guys ever, Paul Walker. I don't care what anybody says because he can get it! I do the chocolate swirl.

Did you notice that I didn't mention T.I. or Hayden Christensen?

Hmm.

It's because T.I. looks so skinny and gross around the mouth....like he smoked too many glass pipes. I think it's funny how Rap Stars are so appealing to women. They know damn well, they wouldn't find them attractive if they weren't Stars. And Christensen? He looks like a pretty girl playing dress up in boys clothes. I suppose I'd like him if I were into women.

Sorry, but it is true.

The best parts of the movie? The chase scene between Chris Brown and the cops. It was pretty awesome! I was freaking out during this scene...praying the cops wouldn't catch him. He was fast as hell...or maybe his stunt double was? Not sure. But I completely forgot he was a woman beater, because he played this young kid brother who liked girls and riding his motorcycle. There was nothing not to like about his character!

Another favorite scene of mine? It was when Chris Brown and Michael Ealy hugged it out in their home...I get very sentimental about sibling love. I most definitely teared up during this part, yup. There is nothing like the love you have for your family members.

T.I. impressed me a lot though. I always thought he looked extra skeevy and dirty in real life...so no surprise, he played the same part in this movie. He radiated 'I'm a villan' from beginning to end...and he really was perfect for the role. I saw his interview on Chelsea Lately a while ago though, and he seemed very cool, down-to-earth, and he smiled and joked a lot with Chelsea. It surprised me. He didn't come off that way in his music videos...I think that Rappers should lighten up. Smile more. Laugh more. They would be perceived differently if they did.

The hot and sexy scenes in the movie? When Paul Walker was getting it on with some girls in his pool and Idris Elba was getting out of his bed in his underwear. I wouldn't have thought these sex scenes were so sexy years ago though. I use to make fun of women who would go insane and start screaming over a man who took his shirt off or was standing in his underwear....like what the hell are you screaming for? He's not even naked. I don't see a penius...a ball. Nothing. What is all the hoopla about? I get it now though. The older you get, the more attractive things about the opposite sex become...the back, legs, stomach.  Basically body parts nobody gave a shit about before become a hell of a lot more attractive!

The pointless parts of the movie? Idris Elba's drug addict sister...they could have done without her role. But I do appreciate that she showed a soft side to his personality. Zoe Saldana's role irked me too. She basically played the chick who abandoned her ex in jail (T.I.) to be with Michael Ealy...one of the crooks who got away when T.I. did not. T.I. rightfully so had a reason to be mad when he got out of jail. He didn't snitch on his old crew and one of the members stole his girl! But damn. He didn't have to kill her and destroy the crew because of it. He only served 4 years in jail for them, not 20! Good Lord. Not to mention that he had money and everything else set up for him upon leaving jail. Bitter much? Money hungry much?

If you are a fan of action movies with some robbery and gangster scenes...rent this one!

Of if you like attractive men. Rent it!

No comments:

Post a Comment