Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Why is Dating Older Men So Taboo?



After watching another episode of The Housewives of Atlanta there were many strong reactions to Cynthia marrying her husband Peter.

But why? Cynthia is not exactly a young Spring chicken. She's 43 years old and Peter is 50!

The things I heard  the other night about her poor husband....about him being as old as the fossils in the Natural Museum of History (the location of their wedding)....to him pulling out his glasses to read his vows during the ceremony.

Just wrong!

Ah, yeah. We need to fall back for a moment before we judge the man. 

We don't know what Old Man River is working with?

And to be frank, if he's a good man...I would take a partially blind brittle boned man any day over these Lil' Baby Waynes out here...running rampid. He's not a bad looking older man either, and he appears cool and down to earth too.

So. Go about your business, Cynthia!

Don't mind any of these haters lurking around you.

Now. If it were my man and I found his stash of depends in the bathroom....AND he starts playing The Isley Brothers too often. Then we might have some problems. But if he's young at heart, in good shape, and has a great personality...he is a keeper in my book.

Older folks need love too!

I am curious? If the issue everyone has with Peter is the fact that he's an older man who caught himself a beautiful younger model? I mean...I will not lie. I was surprised when I learned they were a couple because I picture Cynthia with a man like her child's father...Leon Robinson. Remember Lela Rochon's love interest in Waiting to Exhale? Yes, that's her child's father. Or the fact that he borrowed $10,000 from her to fund his failed restaurant. What ever the case may be, like my friend mentioned to me...it's not like Cynthia funded his gambling habits, she funded him in a business venture...and for the man she loves at that and there is nothing wrong with this.

If there is anything I can find wrong with Cynthia and Peter....it is that she is too tall for him. It irks me when I see tall women hovering over their short men. It makes them look like treasure trolls, in my opinion. And yes, if you are the same height as your man...you are too tall. Because once you put those heels on, you'll be staring at the top of his head, like Cynthia, all night. Not cute.

Of course, this is coming from a woman who is all of 5'1 with a Napoleon Complex...so, do what you will with my warped and bias opinion...but you will never see me with a man the same height as moi.

Personally though? I am 'pro' women who like to date older men. I mean, why not? I am an advocate for women who want to date who ever makes them happy, period. My motto is 'get it in, where you can fit in' because your goal should be too pursue happiness with whom you please!

Now. I generally date men older than me...but only 2 to 8 years older than me, but never anyone more than 10 years older. Oh, and I believe there is a huge difference between dating a man who is 8 years older versus 12 years older. What I notice about the ones 12 years older...the closer I push to 30. The age difference is not that serious. There are some attractive older men out there who stay in the gym more than younger men. And more importantly, they possess a confidence and swag that these Lil' Baby Waynes do not have, period. I think it's the sort of thing that just comes with age too, but it's a very attractive quality.

So.

I say good for Cynthia, and carry on now!

No comments:

Post a Comment