Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Cooneryville in the Numbers Game

I just have one question!

Why is every single black face on my Facebook profile playing that stupid numbers game? Along with maybe one or two of my white friends. But as far as I'm concerned they don't count.

I mean why? Seriously. It makes no sense at all and it's filled with tons of coonery! And why can't we say these questions to each other in private? Why do we have to post it on our damn wall for everybody to see?

I am a person who is filled with questions, and you best believe that when I'm ready to ask you one of them. It won't be in your inbox...it might be in a text or email, and your lucky if it's not your face. I know that I can be a bit confrontational.

I'm guess it's some sort of cultural thing, where we feel at ease saying anything out of our mouths? Maybe, because we were brought up to be these strong-minded individuals who had to learn how to deal with adversity at a young age...I get it!

But don't we go too far sometimes?

Especially, when we air out our dirty laundry through a damn numbers game 'trying' to keep it real. Everybody already knows we know how to keep it real! If you look at your Facebook posts, compared to others....they are probably 70% more outspoken than most on Facebook.

In my opinion, that speaks volumes!

Maybe, it's not even all about keeping it real. It sounds more about our egos. Which in turn makes me wonder about our self-esteem. We are asking each other all these questions, like we need to hear something good about ourselves. And from specific people too, like these people's damn opinions define us.

I know that I am guilty as well. I'll be the first one on Facebook blasting someone, because of some coon-like behavior or funny story! I am just as bad, I know. But I'll be damned if I ask you what you think of me, like you're the Dalai Lama!

Friends' opinions do not define us, we define us.

No comments:

Post a Comment