Friday, December 3, 2010

Did Morris Rosenfeld Hold My Mind Hostage?

I lift mine eyes against the sky,
The clouds are weeping,
so am I.
I lift mine eyes again on high,
The sun is smiling,
so am I.
Why do I smile?
Why do I weep?
I do not know
it lies too deep.
I hear the winds of autumn sigh,
They break my heart,
they make me cry.
I hear the birds of lovely spring,
My hopes revive,
I help them sing.
Why do I sing?
Why do I cry?
It lies so deep,
I know not why.


Every now and then, I come across poems like these. I always wonder what the poet went through to express exactly how I feel. Could it have been the same exact experience? Or is it just our minds verbalizing words in the same pattern? With not a fucking clue to the real meaning of it.

Kind of how we pretend to understand and feel what people say to us, but never do. Or maybe we understand a little?

It's hard to tell when words are open to interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment