Monday, December 13, 2010

Quota!

Many of you have heard me say this word on many an a occasion. You probably even asked me after hollering the word out of nowhere, "Retta, what in the hell is quota suppose to mean?" 
Let me explain. But first, understand that me hollering the word wasn't out of nowhere. It is simply a reaction to the foolishness that I was subjected to moments before saying it.

We all know that the generic meaning of quota has to do with apportionment and allotment, yeah.

But do you know the real meaning? The raw 'street' version of it?

Allow me to break it down to you!

Quota - (noun) 1. to reach the maximum allowable amount of buffoonery. 2. to exceed coon-like behavior. 3. to strive above and beyond the normal level of shenanigans. 4. to take buffoonery and coonery to an unheard of level of dramatics.

Make sense now?

So, if I am forced by my sister to follow a midget into the elevator to get a picture of him in his leprechaun suit in Vegas. [this situation is a quota, a major one]

When this midget gives my friend the death stare in the elevator because she asks him if he just got off work. [the midget is not on quota, my friend is on quota]

If the midget decided to attack my friend for asking a stupid question. [the midget is on quota for his actions, but we were the quota for following him into the elevator.] 

One more example.

If a third grader tells me that his little brother demanded that he choke him to death last night before bedtime, and his response is, "No...I hate you, but I don't hate you that much." [the third grader is on quota, but his little brother is a quota for saying something more outlandish than his older brother]

Note: the difference between 'Person A' being a quota versus 'Person B' being on quota in both stories. Being a quota is far worse than being on quota. When you are 'on' quota, you only display coon-like behavior. However, if you 'are' a quota. You are the coon-like behavior. 

So, as you can see from these descriptions. Labeling something or someone as a quota is just an easy quick way to identify buffoonery in a kind way.

This concludes my lesson for the day. 

Please do you part as a law-abiding citizen in avoiding all quotas in the future.

Thank You!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I just want people to truly understand the meaning of this word.

    ReplyDelete