Monday, November 29, 2010

The Best Female Rapper is _________.

Not Lil' Kim or Nicki Minaj in my opinion!

But since that's all anyone seems to be talking about this weekend...let's talk about it!
While, I believe both Kim and Nicki to both be unique and talented. I cannot say they are even close to the best of the best!

What about MC Lyte or Queen Latifah? Lauryn Hill? Foxy Brown...and Eve? Did we forget about them?

They are some pretty talented female rappers if you ask me!

But what sets them apart from Lil' Kim and Nicki Minaj?

SEX!

A lot of sex. And more importantly, the type of sex that makes people pay attention.

Sex sells!

Someone said that Nicki Minaj is way more talented. They said Lil' Kim isn't that talented. She is just raunchy and uses being a female to her advantage when rhyming. She apparently doesn't write her own rhymes either.

Um, okay.

But how is Nicki Minaj any different from Lil' Kim again? Doesn't she do the same exact thing? Oh, and Nicki doesn't write her own rhymes either. So?

Last I checked, MC Lyte and Queen Latifah wrote their own rhymes. So, why are we arguing over who is the best female rapper between those two?

Don't real rappers write their own rhymes?

I'm confused.

What I really don't understand is why we always have to tear each other down? And when I say 'we,'
I mean we as black people and women. We still face a good amount of adversity in this day in age. We don't need to add something as silly as this to the list.

Yes, I get that Lil' Kim is offended that Nicki Minaj bit her style. But isn't mimicking someone the highest form of flattery? Why take it so personally? Why not embrace someone who obviously looks up to you? Instead of breaking them down. She's younger than her, and probably still trying to figure out who she 'is' and wants to be one day.

What I will say about the whole fight is that if I were Nicki Minaj. I would keep quiet and not get caught up in the drama that is Lil' Kim.

An indication that somebody might be crazier than you: they get more plastic surgery than Michael Jackson. They serve time in jail for someone else. They promise to get you jumped when they whistle in any of the five boroughs of New York. They tell you that they will show up in your hood by themself to get buck with you.

I would run just like she told you to do. Yup! There is nothing wrong with running away from crazy people. Especially, when you know you can't fight and you want to stay alive.

I support runners all the way.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. So then who is your favorite female rapper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen Latifah - U.N.I.T.Y. Love a black woman from infinity to infinity!

    ReplyDelete