Tuesday, September 20, 2011

B-Boy Sneakers

Womens Nike Dunks Custom High Hello Kitty III

A couple years ago, my girlfriend lived in Harlem next to a sneaker store to the right of her apartment building. I passed it so many times on my way inside her place. I suggested to her that we go inside one day and buy a pair of B-Boy sneaks.

She agreed since we considered ourselves pretty cool and fly, but somehow we never got around to doing it.

Recently, I took an interest in B-Boy sneaks again.

Specifically, the high tops. I started off window shopping...then tried on a couple pairs of Nike Dunk High sand Nike Dunk High Skinnys with mid shin length spandex and another time with skinny jeans. I liked them with both styles that I had on.

After browsing a couple of sneaker stores for the right pair of Nike Dunk Highs, I decided to search for a more individualized pair to suit my personal style online.

Then found the perfect pair:

They are the perfect amount of girly for me. The suede makes them more feminine. Plus, I love the color gray because it's neutral and clean. I like that the multi-colored print isn't overbearing too and the tan sole gives them a unique touch. This sneaker purchase is now my fourth. Sigh. But I figured that I would need plenty of comfy walking shoes to explore Seoul.

Now that it's cold outside, or so my body thinks so.

I decided to pull them out of the box and wear them. I probably should have gotten a darker colored pair since it's almost Fall. But I still like them. And I can always find a pair more suited for Winter later anyway.

Here are some other really cool styles:

Women's Nike Dunk High Young Girl Black White

Womens Nike Dunks High Skinny Supreme x Paule Marrot


Womens Nike Dunks High - Strawberry Shortcake










I almost bought these polk-a-dot ones above with the pink, black, and yellow laces...but decided not to since my niece would probably wear these.

*deep sigh

You can purchase any of these Nike Dunk High styles from www.niketopshoes.com.

If you haven't heard much of Nike Dunk Highs before this post. You should know that they were originally worn by men who played basketball. And now, everyone wears them. Kids, teenagers, and women. They're pretty much ingrained within Hip Hop and skateboarding culture. They are considered a lifestyle sneaker or street shoe.

Anyone who likes a funky sneaker should own a pair!

I am 30 years old and my B-Boy sneaks make me feel like a little big cool kid.

Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment