Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gold Name Plate Necklaces


One of my loyal readers and favorite people inspired me to write this post :) She told me that my B-Boy Sneakers post inspired her to search for a name plate necklace and one of those cute little boombox necklaces.

After she mentioned it I thought to myself, "Oh, yaahhh! Forgot about how cute those name plate necklaces are!"
 
Then I began my new mission on finding the cutest and cheapest nameplates and boombox pieces online.

My Hip Hop Bling offers the boombox pendant for only $20. Many other similar websites offer them too for as little as $8.


Supermarket offers another version of the boombox pendant in real gold for $57. This one is my favorite!


The Ron Dotson boombox necklace made in peweter with silver plating can be purchased here for $290.


For those interested more in the nameplates. On Soul Jewelry's website they offer diamond name plate necklaces for the uber affordable price of $600. Ha!


They also customize regular gold name plates and ones with hearts and stars as well for $140.


 JC Penny will customize one for you too for $170. This could be a good option for those who would rather buy inside a store than online.

If you would rather go for a cheaper nameplate. One that is sterling silver with a 14 karat gold overlay or just sterling silver. You can buy one from Limoges Jewelry for $40.

If you don't want to order online and you want something more affordable. Zales offers a sterling silver with 14 karat gold overlay name plate for $68.

 

If you are looking for a nameplate more unique. You can purchase a Korean one written in Hangul from a store on Etsy for $31. It is of course 14 karat gold overlay or silver, but still cute nonetheless.


You can also order a Arabic nameplate like the one Kanye has around his neck for $170 here.

I remember wanting a nameplate necklace so bad in high school for birthdays and Christmas, but never got one. Partly, because no one in family ever knew where to buy an authentic looking one. Which I completely understood. Plus,  I wasn't interested in one of the cheesy wiry name necklaces sold at the jewelry kiosks in the mall.

Then Freshmen year of college one of my Arabic friends from Oman gave me a gold nameplate with my name in Arabic for Christmas. One of the best gifts ever too!

My girlfriend has me wanting one of the old school ones now!

 I hope these websites were helpful!

If you would rather not buy it, forward this post to someone who will get it for you! Heh heh.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! Thanks for sharing our 14k gold Arabic name necklace! We offer it is sterling silver as well. In addition, we offer the widest selection of languages besides numerous English styles and don't forget about the monogram necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice, Nameplate are one of the important things that develop and promotes an identity for the brands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have discussed an interesting topic that every body should know. Very well explained with examples. I have found a similar website for Gift visit the site to know more about Best Valentines Gifts For him.

    ReplyDelete