Friday, January 21, 2011

Hair Loving is the Best Loving!

I promise you this blog will not turn into a health and beauty blog.

I will stay true to trash talking and shooting the shit with you folks about whatever.

Because that's how I roll!

I do want to thank you all for your feedback on Origins though. I wish that I had written a blog about skin care a while ago...I probably would have learned about Origins a lot sooner than I did! Especially, since many of you appeared to be hip to Origins much longer than moi. It makes sense now why I have so many fabulous friends with beautiful skin. Thanks for sharing!

But before I get back to my usual shenanigans, I wanted to share hair care since once of you asked about it. Hopefully 'you' won't go out on a shopping spree, like you did with the Origins line earlier today.

There are a few hair products in rotation in my bathroom:

KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo


KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo is my shampoo of choice! It never leaves my hair feeling stripped of moisture. It has a ph balance of 6.0 which is better than the average ph balance of 5.5 because it means there is less citric acid and more conditioning nutrients in your shampoo. (The worst ph balance is 0 and the best is 8). You can purchase a quart of it for $27.99 from most hair stores and salons. It will last you for three months tops.





KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner is the best deep conditioner and/or leave-in conditioner known to man! It smells yummy, moisturizers your hair like no other, and nourishes it with the vitamins and protein that chemically treated or damaged hair needs. You can buy from beauty supply stores for $27.99 as well. The size above is 16 oz. and there is a 8 oz. size available for $15.99. It will last you for a month to a month and a half depending upon how often you deep condition your hair.



KeraCare Foam Wrap-Set Lotion is best for wrapping wet hair in rollers or other styles that require some hair control. I think it's the healthier alternative to using hair gel or hair spray since it doesn't have alcohol and it gives your hair natural body and shine. It will run you between $11-15 depending on the beauty supply store.

Kemi Oyl


Kemi Oyl is the main moisturizer that I use on my hair. I refuse to use other oils and greases because they leave my hair feeling heavy and oily. I use a small amount around my edges about every four days to keep them smooth and conditioned. It retails at about $4 from most beauty supply stores.

KeraCare Biosilk Silk Therapy

Biosilk Silk Therapy is a serum that I use for hair shine and a light condition. It works by bonding and strengthening your hair cuticles. It also works the same way a hair sheen does, but is lighter weight and smells delicious! You need less than a dime size every couple of days. It costs between $8-10 at most beauty supply stores.

KeraCare products are the creme de la creme of hair products for ethnic hair. I find them to be much more effective than Mizani which are really good hair products as well. KeraCare is reasonably priced too! And honestly, I'm happy that we have products like KeraCare out there designed for ethnic hair.

Try them out! If you only want to try one product at a time, go for the KeraCare Humecto Creme first!

On rainy or humid days when your hair starts to grow to outrageous proportions, and there's nothing these products can do for you...tell those who want to clown you, "my hair is big because it's a full of secrets."

Some important equations to remember:

Secrets = Skeletons

and

Skeletons = bitches who received stitches!

Ha. Ha. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment