Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Robin!

Happy Birthday Robin a.k.a. Silky a.k.a. RAW!

I hope you received everything you wanted for your birthday today! Please stay away from midgets and Short Hills Mall and you will be cool!

I will give you your Christmas gift at some point this year...as long as I don'tt have to take another damn Megabus up to Jersey to do it!
I made a promise in my first post not to call names out on here.

This is now a lie.

The Princesszilla below holding the building full of people she is getting ready to eat is family. I do not think family counts. Please excuse me failing to mention this minor detail in my first post.

Oops!




I just want to write about Robin for a minute because I love her to death!

I met Robin at my sister's party years and years ago, but did not become friends with her until three years ago. 

And mainly, because she scared me. 

Have you ever met someone with a "I will pound your face in if you say the wrong thing' look?

This would be Robin.

My sister's brother-in-law learned this the hard way. She basically ripped him a new one at a couple of parties infront of their friends. It was so terrible and I loved it! She was fierce and my sister's brother-in-law was terrified. He kept his distance and said very little to her after this. 

Now, it was in the Spring of 2008 that my sister informed me that Robin would be going with us to Las Vegas. My response was, "Are you talking about the mean one who cussed out your brother-in-law? But she doesn't like me. And, she looks like she can fight!" My sister laughed and said, "So, what! She doesn't like anybody! But you'll love her! Watch. Oh, and she doesn't know how to fight either. She just talks a lot of shit." I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Okay!" I completely understood not liking everyone and I felt better knowing that she couldn't fight too.

I did fall in love with her in Vegas!

Just like my sister said it would happen.

Her and my sister protected me from a group of goobers from a technology  training convention that chased me around the hotel to hang out with them. We hiked around Red Rock Canyon together in bikini tops and bathing suits taking pictures of each other, while others fully clothed stared at us. She made me feel like less of a bitch for having an attitude about the goobers following me too, when I find it hard to be comfortable being a bitch around new friends. She took an 'L' for the team at a club, so we could dance in VIP. She made the maid come change our sheets in our hotel room because they were dirty and then sprayed our beds down with alcohol. She got on a roller coaster with me and my 'legally blind' sister who couldn't see a thing during the ride, so it was basically just me and her. The turning point of this trip though, was when a little person in a leprechaun suit almost gave her a beat down for asking a crazy question in the elevator.

This is when I realized I loved this woman!

If I did not step-in and intervene between the two of them. This little person was going to jump on her neck and attack!

So, it was all history from then on...

What I learned from Vegas besides 'not' asking little people crazy questions? Despite her intimidating facial expressions and history of cussing people out, she is one of the sweetest people in my life. She is a comedian, therapist, good friend, and great ally to have if you want to cuss somebody out!

Happy Birthday Silky!

SUCK IT!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, this made me laugh and feel emotional all at the same time. Tanya thanks for writing this with so much passion and vigor and I see you understand me fully LOL. I love you girl you are my sister from another mother!

    BTW!I always liked you!

    Luv Luv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Awe, I'm glad you liked it, Silky! Well, it's the truth and you are very special to me and Leesh! And yes, I understand you perfectly now! I love you more and you are my sista!!!

    ReplyDelete