Thursday, January 20, 2011

Skin Care I Love

After receiving compliments on how 'fresh' and vibrant my skin looked today. I thought it appropriate to share my new skin care regimen. I am still feeling all warm and gushy inside over my compliments.

Last Fall I was introduced to a couple of amazing products by a male...of all people!

Weird, right? Considering the fact that I know a good amount of women who appear to be experts on skin care. Specifically, women like my mother who at 60 years old have the most gorgeous skin ever. Every time I touch her arm, I am shocked at how soft her skin is, like a baby's bottom.

I can only pray that with her genes and my new skin care regimen, my skin will look like hers at 60 too.

And now, there is hope!

Due to drinking 4-5 bottles of tap water a day and using Origins, my skin tone and texture has transformed in less than a month due to these:

Origins Never A Dull Moment
 Never A Dull Moment differs from most exfoliators because there are no rough crystals or grains in this face wash. It's acts more like a chemical peel that dissolves make-up, dirt, and dead skin cells using fruit extracts. The result of using this product is a smooth vibrant and an even toned skin complexion. I started off with a sample size of this product before purchasing the regular size for $25.
Origins Brighter By Nature SPF 35
The Brighter By Nature moisturizer really does work! It has a bunch of good stuff in it too, like a Japanese Basil Leaf, Cucumber, and Vitamin C. If you were wondering, Japanese Basil Leaf is used as anti-irritant to keep your skin tone even. The results of this moisturizer is a brighter more even skin tone. Origin states that 94% saw  brighter skin and 90% said it helped even out their skin tone. This is not a lie because it has been working for me. I bought this one for $42.50 and it is worth every penny!

Origins Modern Friction
Modern Fricton is my second exfoliator made with gentle grains to scrub away dead skin cells. It will not dry out or irritate your skin. The result is smooth clean skin. I use this product twice a week and Never A Dull Moment exfoliator five times a week. I started with a sample size for this product too before buying the regular size for $37.50.

Note: it is more expensive than Never A Dull Moment, so consider using a smaller amount of Modern Friction each week. Or just pass on it. Never A Dull Moment is the better exfoliator of the two anyway!


The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
 The Body Shop's Vitamin E Hydrating Toner is a good toner that's alcohol free and infused with Vitamin E. Most toners can dry out your skin when normalizing the ph balance, this one does not. It's a steal at only $12! It takes me two months to finish one bottle with the use of cotton balls.

Origins is thebomb.com!

I recommend everyone to try it. It's not just for women either, it's for men too. Remember, it was a man who got me hip to the line.

If you are unsure of what you need since everyone's skin varies, ask a sales person in the store for help.

I have the craziest skin ever. It's oily in the Summer and dry in the Winter. Then goes through stages when it's a combination of both oily and dry.

What's great about Origins is that it works on a variety of skin types. Which means crazy skin is allowed to be crazy as hell because something in this line will work on it!

Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I really like Origins never a dull moment. Its one of my fav products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Never a Dull Moment is my ultimate favorite!!! Heard it's been out for a while too and has been one of Origins top sellers from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete