Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's Tanya Time!


After writing a post about growing a pair, my childhood friend sent a response that said:

"I love you just the way you are! Well, minus the always being late thing!  (I hope that's on your list) lol."

Hmm...interesting!

Because that was not on my list of things to work on.

Isn't that awful?

Considering that I really need to work on being on-time. Like really hard, because it enrages friends when I take 5 years to get ready for our 3 hour shindig in the club.

It is a real problem.

I have no idea what's wrong with me either when it comes to time?

Having too many clothes...or options to choose from in my closet doesn't help me, but it's not that alone. I want to blame it on having Adult Attention Deficit Disorder too, but I know how to focus long enough to be on-time for work or meetings. It's just when the tv is on or the cell phone is ringing off the hook...I get completely side tracked from being on-time for personal get togethers with friends and family.

Which leads me to believe that subconsciously I believe the 'Time Gods' will somehow grant me additional minutes and hours to meet people or get to places that I know require more time...than I actually allotted for myself. This psychological warfare I have with Eastern Pacific Time and the time in my mind is called Tanya Time.

My friends and family over time developed a system for beating Tanya Time too, so that we can come together at the same time.

Here is how their system defeats Tanya Time:

If you tell me you will be there at 8. Show up at 9:15, and I will be ready. I will always need approximately an 1:15 more than the meet time.

If you tell me we have leave the house at 6, force me to start getting ready at 3.

If you don't want me to distract me from getting ready, don't call me 80 times. Or send me threatening text messages that say, 'you better be ready when I get there' over and over again. These two things only make me nervous and then distract me from my goal of being on-time.

If you want me to move faster than my normal 1:15 minutes, make me meet you at your place. It will lessen Tanya Time by 30 to 45 minutes.

If I start to change my clothes incessantly, lie to me and say how great the outfit I have on is...so we can leave out the door.

Tanya Time can be beat pretty easily, but don't let me catch on to you and your mind games...or it won't work anymore.

So, what's up the new task on my list? Defeating Tanya Time as well, of course...but please bare with me.

CHOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment